Friday, June 11, 2010

Things you sometimes see from your writing desk III

Here's another image from the time, a couple of weeks ago, when I was getting going on the WIP, and which will now always be associated with it for me. It's a whitebeam tree with clematis growing all over it, and as usual I can't help finding a parallel with the novel: the new draft is taking over from the old one, but the old one is still sturdy and flowering away underneath, so (I hope) I'm getting the best of two worlds!

5 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

When I saw the one, one, one I thought you were going to say you could see the NZ emergency services - 111 is our 999 :)

Elizabeth Baines said...

Hah, didn't think of that!

Elizabeth Baines said...

I've changed it now to the way it should be: III not 111. Silly me!

Rachel Fenton said...

Hehe. Imagined you'd got a bach in NZ is all!

Hope you're better from your tumble.

Elizabeth Baines said...

Yes, I am, thanks, still a bit sore and stiff but basically fine!