Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bookshops I love: Waterstone's Deansgate

Well, some of my best memories are of Waterstone's Deansgate, and I met some of my really good friends at readings there, and so it's really the very best place for me to be having the Manchester launch this week of the reissue of my first novel, The Birth Machine, and some of those friends, I am very happy to say, will be there. Here (above) is the copy of Balancing I found in their fiction section this afternoon: I pulled it out temporarily, as the spine was reflecting the shelf light so brightly you couldn't read it - I did put it back again afterwards!

Do come to the launch if you're in Manchester: all are welcome, and I'd be delighted to have my readers celebrate with me on what will be for me a very special occasion. Wednesday, 7 pm. £3.00 redeemable against purchase of The Birth Machine.

No comments: