Saturday, January 08, 2011

Bits of news

I dipped my toe in the water of my new draft this morning, and I'm pleased to report that it felt just fine. Was a bit too scared to wade out very far, though. Feel I need this afternoon and evening to sit on the bank a bit and view the lake, and then maybe tomorrow I'll dare to dive in...

Meanwhile, the Thursday Faber Academy discussion re creative writing on Fictionbitch really went with a bang. I'm not sure we've got to the heart of the matter yet, though, and there's a provocative post by Marcel Theroux coming up on Monday.

In other news, I'm delighted to say that I've been asked to join the blogging team for the online version of the wonderful literary journal, The View From Here. It's a very impressive publication, and I'm honoured to have been asked.

3 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

Congrats on the blog invite - and best with the diving - it's all about streamlining...

Elizabeth Baines said...

Thank you, Rachel. You're right about that last!

Elizabeth Baines said...

Thank you, Rachel. You're right about that last!