Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ride the Word at Holborn Library

Here are some pics from our Ride the Word Reading at Holborn Library last night.

Julia Bird:


Jay Merill:


Vincent de Souza:


Me:


Katy Evans-Bush:


And the audience:


I had a great time. Such a convivial evening: Jay kindly invited John and me round to hers beforehand where she'd prepared us a bite to eat which turned out to be more like a feast! Then there were loads of refreshments laid on in the library, and afterwards several of us went to the pub. (Crikey, I'm going to have lay off on the grub and the booze.) And the poetry and stories were great, if we do say it ourselves - well, it wasn't just us Salt lot, there were readings from Rack Press and Julian Duffus's Islington writing group.

And now I have to try and get back to some writing... well, once I've read a batch of scripts and done my next questions for the book tour and got ready for visitors... Or maybe I should just run away somewhere with my fountain pen and writing pad. Sometimes I think it's the only way I'll ever get any more writing done...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean - my writing days are coming further and further apart... I am chasing up that free residency I was awarded. I NEED TO WRITE!

Elizabeth Baines said...

Hah! What can we do, Barbara?