Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The only way to do it

That horrible cold and Christmas have left me EXHAUSTED, and yet I've got SO MUCH to do. My virtual book tour for Balancing starts officially on Barbara's Bleuuugh on 14th January, but before then of course I need to think about the probing questions she has asked me, and come up with some halfway decent answers (after which, of course, for the next ten weeks, there will be weekly questions to think about). I have an article to write for around the same time as the start of the tour. And my best Christmas present ever was news from Salt that they will publish another book by me in the coming year, so I must start thinking about the publicity etc for that... And then of course there are the stories I have planned to write this coming term (I still think in terms of terms!), not to mention the pile of books I have been promising myself to read for so long now... I was planning a short play, too, but I'm starting to wonder...

Needless to say I am extremely excited about all of these things. Just hoping I have the energy. Think I'll start by having a VERY quiet New Year's Eve, and begin the New Year the way I mean to go on (early rise, head totally clear of alcohol, for a day with a rigid regime)...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. May lots of lovely things happen in 2009 x

Elizabeth Baines said...

Happy New Year, Sally, and may great things be in store for you, too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new book with Salt! That's brilliant news. And a Happy New Year! I'm in the South of France cooking cassoulet - can't complain, but I still haven't got round to making that list of what I'm going to do next year.

Elizabeth Baines said...

Thanks, Kate, and Happy New Year! Hope lots of good things happen for you. Cassoulet - yum. As I say, I'm going to have a quiet night by the fire...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new book deal with Salt! And best wishes for the new play - for 24:7 perhaps?
Fran Slack

Elizabeth Baines said...

Thank you, Fran! Think I'd have to be superhuman, though, to write a play for the deadline...!

Happy New Year to you and David!

Unknown said...

What marvellous news, Elizabeth, a fantastic start to the year - woohoo!

Elizabeth Baines said...

Thank you, Barbara, and I'm really looking forward to my virtual trip to Ireland!