Sunday, January 27, 2008

Dovegreyreader writes about 'Power' in Balancing on the Edge of the World

Well, I sat down to write (on my other blog) about James Wood's piece in yesterday's Guardian Review on character in fiction, had a quick browse around the blogs before starting, and what should I come across but Dovegreyreader writing about 'Power', one of the stories in my collection, Balancing on the Edge of the World, and in the very context of James Wood's piece! Would it fulfil James Wood's requirement, she wondered before she read it, and provide the subtle 'small point of entry' into the characters to make them live for the reader? Yes, she says:

Elizabeth provided it very quickly... And within a few sentences I have been allowed entry into this story, this world, the characters and already I know exactly where I am and where I think the story might be going.


Dovegreyreader's full post here.

No comments: