Monday, June 20, 2011

How to let go...?

Oh dear. I have printed out copies of the ms for my three early readers, I have punched holes in two of them. And every time I glance at it I see something that needs changing. I know I can't really tell piecemeal, but it's so very, very hard to hand something over unless you're feeling for the moment (however wrongly) you've got it right. However, I know I need more distance before I can work on it again, and this is the only window two of my readers have.  I'm going to find this really difficult...

2 comments:

Vanessa Gebbie said...

It's lovely that you want your baby to go out looking his best. I'm sure they will love it. Dare say there will always be things a writer would like to tweak, especially in a novel-length manuscript - but maybe they aren't vital tweaks? Lots of good luck anyway!

Elizabeth Baines said...

Well, I've let one go anyway. Thanks for the luck.