Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Stalled

Not a lot of novel progress lately. I had several visitors for a long weekend - they were up for a wedding they'd been invited to, and I hardly saw them because they were either out at the wedding or the pre- and post-wedding parties or in bed sleeping it all off, but somehow just having a crowd in the house shattered my novel consciousness... Sometimes I think I have such a special and delicate writerly consciousness, and other times I think I'm just too damn precious for my own good.

And since then I've had a mound of washing, and now my mind is turning to the reading I'm doing this evening for the Oxfam Bookfest in Didsbury, and then tomorrow I'm off to London for the Edge Hill Awards ceremony, and won't be home until very late, which means I'll be tired on Friday, and then that'll be another week gone...

Honestly, maybe somebody should just put me out of my misery... (Or let me get back up the mountain where even the internet doesn't work half the time...)

Nice Oxfam Bookfest event last night: Nick Royle and Tom Fletcher, but I'm afraid I've no pics. I'm still getting used to my iphone and I messed up the photos... * My own tonight (7 pm) clashes with the football, so I'm quite prepared for no audience whatever...

*Added: Sharon Ring has come to my rescue and sent me two of her photos, below, the first of Tom reading, the second of Nick talking to the audience.

3 comments:

Sharon Ring said...

Hi, Elizabeth. I met you very briefly last night at Nic and Tom's reading event. I have some photos from the event if you'd like to post them. Happy to send them.

Elizabeth Baines said...

Hi Sharon, yes lovely to meet you. A photo or two would be lovely - thanks!

Sharon Ring said...

Excellent. Just about to make a cuppa then I'll get right to it!