Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New story collection

I am thrilled that a new collection of stories by me is to be published in August by the wonderful Salt Publishing (who published my first collection and two of my novels).

My writing life has been pretty quiet for the past year or so: I've been very much stuck to my desk working on two big projects (so I haven't had many comings and goings to write about here, and when you've spent a whole day squeezing your brain there's not much juice left for bloggish reflection), but I guess life will be different now that there's a publication in the offing.

Strange, the writing life, with its swings from hermit-like withdrawal to utter busy-ness out in the world. I wouldn't have it any other way...

4 comments:

Charles Lambert said...

Excellent news, Elizabeth! I look forward to reading it. Any idea of title?

Elizabeth Baines said...

It's called Used to Be, Charles.

Vanessa Gebbie said...

How lovely, E - congratulations! I will look forward. x

Elizabeth Baines said...

Thanks, V. Looking forward to your new collection, too!