Saturday, February 26, 2011

An article and two readings

Here's a laugh: last week I had an article on The View from Here in which I said that when I'm really immersed in my writing I can forget even to talk to my children. And then, although I'd intended to mention it on here, because I am currently so immersed in my writing, I forgot.

Another thing I meant to mention and forgot is the event I'm taking part in next Thursday at Crystal Peaks Library in Sheffield for World Book Day and the Save Our Libraries campaign. There are events all day, and I'm on at 2 pm, reading from my work and talking about the role libraries have played in my life as a reader and a writer.

2 pm Thursday 3rd March 2011
Crystal Peaks Library
1-3 Peak Square, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S20 7PH 0114 203 0612 FREE.


I'm also excited to be reading later in the month at the Spitalfields Wisewords Festival with some really great writers :

Jay Merill presents Jay LIVE (Salt Publishing) with authors Elizabeth Baines, Tania Hershman, Susannah Rickards, Sarah Salway and Catherine Smith Wednesday 16  March 2011, 6.30pm FREE
The Luxe Spitalfields 020 7101 1751
109 Commercial Street, E1 6BG Liverpool St tube
One of the Wisewords Bookclub series of events and part of the Wisewords Festival

2 comments:

Rachel Fenton said...

I miss Sheffield.

Hope the readings go great - don't forget to go!

I enjoyed your review/thoughts on Waterland, btw - forgot to comment!

Elizabeth Baines said...

Thanks, Rachel! I'll tie a knot in something or other!